One of my Quiver ‘matches’:
Hi, I’m a guy. I’m single. I would never cheat on you. I would always text you first, tell you that you’re beautiful every day, say I love you in front of my friends, never choose my video games over you, protect you, try my best to never make you cry, hold you and never let you go, kiss you in the pouring rain. Yes, ladies, I do exist. No, I’m not gay. Stop dating douche-bags and jerks.
And one more quick blunt thing…If you say oh i never dating a guy as nice as you…your so sweet…Understand what you are saying and don’t dump me for being the nice guy! My last 3girlfriends did that and it just sounds dumb
His whole profile (it’s long) sounds like that. He’s a classic Nice Guy (TM).
A breakdown of just how wrong it is that he showed up in my Quiver:
- headache-inducing bad spelling and grammar: -5
- profile picture is of him with a ‘hot girl’: -10
- anti-choice: -1000
- thinks creationism should be taught in schools: -1000
- thinks women dig romantic comedy cliches: -50
- likes all of the Star Wars movies: -50
- favorite movie is Boondock Saints*** and has a nickname from Boondock Saints: -100
- actually brags that he is “a beast” in terms of cinematic taste: -50
- thinks it’s unusual for a man to enjoy dramas and “chic flicks”: -50
- was in a fraternity: -100
- thinks women dump guys for being nice: -1000
- thinks women prefer dating douchebags and jerks: -1000
Score: - 4415 points
***I don’t understand what it is about Boondock Saints. Every person I’ve met who loves that movie is a major, major douchebag.
Oh, wow, I wish I could say I was surprised. Gotta love dating sites where people go on and on about how sweet and nice and overlooked they are. Blah.
Also, if you call them out on it, they’re complete assholes and often call you really derogatory names. You know, like a Nice Guy.